Thursday, June 01, 2006

"OVER MY DEAD BODY"...oh...um...

Well, I've changed my viewpoint, but I HAVE NOT "caved". No, nope, not me. This may look like an ad for a particular cellphone company, but it's really not.
My Sweatpea is now of the age where she desires a bit of independence and freedom. She's aware that they come with more responsibility and obligation, so we're good on that.

I had sworn that she'd have a phone "over my dead body", at least before she was of driving age. Well. Enter walking home (granted, along the same path I used to take to walk home, but with 200% more cars and more drivers on cell phones!). Enter the spectre of middle school.

So, now MOM has a tracfone, with a very limited number of minutes. It has only phone numbers programmed for mom, dad, grandma. It goes in the cupboard at home when she walks in the door. It's not "flashed" at school.

It's for my convenience. Right?.. Right.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

yeah - that's the way we "started" too....;o)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger anno said...

you're so easy..

I made both of mine wait til they were 18. then made it a birthday present.. and I caved because they were soon going to be wandering around a downtown campus in the dark. :)

I probably woulda caved sooner on the second one if he hadn't waited til (tomorrow?) to get a drivers license..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home