Kitchener in the Kitchen

So, folding sheets this morning in the kitchen, while a pile of socks lay on the table, waiting to be "kitchenered", I was contemplating all the "famous" moms. I'm not nearly as bad as Roseanne, thank goodness. I'm no where near as good as Mrs. Brady. I'm not as creative or organized as Martha.
But...I think I'm spot on Erma Bombeck. After all, she said these things:
Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop offs at tedium and counter productivity.
No self-respecting mother would run out of intimidations on the eve of a major holiday.
Onion rings in the car cushions do not improve with time.
and lastly:
Do you know what you call those who use towels and never wash them, eat meals and never do the dishes, sit in rooms they never clean, and are entertained till they drop? If you have just answered, "A house guest," you're wrong because I have just described my kids.
So, there you have it. I now have a guru. I am Erma2006.
And, now back to the knitting.

This is the first "kitchener" of the day. So-so. Wobbly, but after a bit of adjustments, it was acceptable. Then I sallied forth, kitchenering my socks like nobody's business. I should have been putting the same energy into the creation of the awesome costume I need to find for Sweetpea for Friday night's cotillion. Never mind. I'll hit Bonnie's and pick up some trashy wizardy stuff and send her as "Hermione". And, so, I kept kitchenering.
And kitchenering. And...well, let's just say, six socks worth.

And lookee! I got better at it! This was the last sock, kitchenered only one time with very minimal adjustments. It's nearly perfect, even if you can't tell from that photo. It's art.
It's almost as cool as Kaity's "dishes dance". Not quite, but almost. You can see her dance at my lovely friend's site.
And, below, we have the "so last week" technology of Casa de LC. This laptop is being retired to the Sweetpea, for games and Neopets. My new laptop, which had BETTER be more attentive to me, and responsive to each little click, arrives later today. The Better to Blog You With, My Dearie!!




3 Comments:
Lovely Kitchenering!
That is a well-used laptop. I have gone through SO many keybords. I literally wear the letters right off them!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
You do a much better job at kitchenering than I do, so your cooler in that area!
Post a Comment
<< Home