Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Toolbox, FO and a SUPRISE DELIVERY!!

My good friend Lynda
showed her cute toolbox items on her blog, and even though she didn't "challenge" anyoneto do the same, I thought I'd share. The little arrow with the blue star is pointing to a (poorly photographed) nail file. If I get a rough nail, I can't continue. The ball of yarn, with the little red star arrow is pointing to a hair clamp which I use to keep balls of yarn from rolling across the room, especially when I'm knitting with color. I also can't live without my little tin of shea butter, lip balm, and a pad of stickies. Why a book light? If I want to go sit on the couch in the middle of the night and knit, I can do it without waking the rest of the household!


And now, a FO (finally!). This is my Feather and Fan Scarf, made of cotton/tencel blend yarn, and it's SO soft and cozy! I am thrilled to finally have a FO, you have no idea. Now to finish another pair of sox that have been waiting for me (so I can add a number to my "Count Your Socks"), and THEN on to many more projects in my mind!!! (Sometimes they keep me from sleeping well...I've got it BAD!)




Here's the tool box in which all that stuff resides. (I was going to say "where all that stuff resides in", but that dangling participle just bugged me like a rough nail whilst knitting.)



























Here's the F&F scarf....ooooooh, cozy!...and...introducing...


SSSSHHHHHH!!!...BIG SUPRISE!!!!!!

MEGGIE!

Meggie is a golden retriever/standard poodle mutt, 12 weeks old, who will be coming to live with us for Sweetpea's birthday. A baby in the house!!..(what am I THINKING??.. but isn't she adorable???)

Doesn't she have a "look" on her face?...

Hope she likes yarn!

5 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Your scarf is gorgeous! And, the new puppy - too cute! The kids are SO mad at us because we are holding our ground and NOT getting another dog... wait 'til they see that face!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

gasp... PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Sraikh said...

Oh beautiful scarf!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last puppy we got from you was the sweetest and smartest dog we've ever had....want to pass this one on, too? I'll clear it somehow with the hubby...mine, that is

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

cuuuuuuuuuuute puppy! :) i like your tool box, too. it's so organized.

and *ahem* just between you and me (and everyone else who reads this comment), i'm about ready to move to new zealand to raise my own flock of merinos...but i'm waiting for my spinning wheel to come in first. hehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home