Friday, January 13, 2006

Betcha' Can't Pick Me Out!

Mi Familia...This is a shot of my cousins and myself on my Dad's side of the family, taken at the only Christmas that I joined them in Iowa. It was 1979, and when I think of where they all are now, and what they're doing, I'm boggled. I'm an only child, and the gatherings always overwhelmed me a bit...but I love them all, and can't believe that it was twenty*cough*something years ago!



ok, so I've been tagged by my old bud, Lynda:



***Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yours" and people who get tagged need to write a blog entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.***

1. Bedtime seems to be a popular theme. When I crawl into bed, it must be freshly out of the tub, or the hot tub. Gotta be warm, and newly dried off. So, I get in bed and lay on my right side for a few moments. Ahh..relaxing. Next, I roll over to my back. I rest there for a bit. Then, I roll to my left side, and just before my left arm falls asleep, I roll onto my stomach, with both arms under the pillow and the pillow scrunched up under my neck and head. I don't do much "post asleep" spinning, so I sleep pretty well. In fact, anyplace I can be horizontal, I can be "asleep". (Unlike my husband and daughter, for whom sleep is at a premium..)

2. When I lay on one side, like laying on the bed or couch watching TV, my "downhill" eye always "leaks". One little tear. DH frequently will do a "mood check" by asking "leaking or crying?" 99.9% of the time, it's leaking.

3. Speaking of tear ducts...I cry at the drop of a hat. I cry at happy things, sad things, angry times, good sales at the LYS, you name it, I cry. Only a few times a year do I progress to the "ugly cry", but when I do, I go in the bathroom, press a clean towel to my face and really let her rip!

4. I'm a talk radio junky, and when I realize that I'm really stressed out, and frazzled..I have to make myself turn on music. Music frequently leaves me feeling like I've "missed" something.

5. I hate wearing glasses, and I think on some deeply disturbed psychological level, I allow myself to express that hatred by wearing my glasses with a thick layer of schmutz on them. My dh will often look at me, sigh and say "give me those glasses". He'll clean them, and I'll put them back on and be amazed at how bright the light in the room seems! A nice big smudge in the middle of a lens will get my attention adequately to take them off and give them a squirt of cleaner and really do a number on them.

I'm gonna flake on the "tagging" of someone else, since the folks I know are the ones who tagged me! If for some reason you read this, and want to be tagged, leave me a comment and go for it! I promise to read what you've written!

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hey - that picture of me with morning coffee is NOT funny!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

AND..... what's with the holding back? I KNOW you've got better quirks than that! Remember, we go WAAAY back, and I know stuff.....

wait, never mind, you know stuff about me too, I take it back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home