Monday, October 31, 2005

It's Never Dull






Well, almost never. This weekend something particularly interesting happened, and of course, I had to run into the house to get the camera. Those of you with a weak stomach may need to look away:

That...at the end of the little fork...is a slug, joyfully dining on the spaghetti that my multi-tasking daughter took outside with her to carve pumpkins. She was carving away, and returned to her lunch for bit, and spotted the offending slimeboy. She screamed as only a 10 year old can scream, and did the only thing reasonable...she called me, and I grabbed the camera!!

Whew, that was enough fun for one afternoon.


And now, for some knitting content...I finished one of the two socks for Socktoberfest (the other is at the K1P1 ribbed cuff stage), and here's the cute little tote that is making my knitting more portable:


I've inserted the chapstick for reference. The little tote is rather small, but perfect to hold the ball of yarn I'm currently working with, to prevent it from rolling all over creation, picking up doghair in its travels and returning to me only after I have aforementioned daughter rescue it from some dark, hidden corner under the bedroom furniture. And, it was only a couple of bucks at Long's Drugs! (Notice the lack of molluskan animalia.)

'Nuff said.

3 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

Eww... Slug! Hey, I saw you tonight. The slug reminds me of the giant spider by the window at thw Winter's house when we where handing out candy. Lots of screaming!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Now THAT's some slimy spaghetti! How glad is she that she looked before she put the fork in it? hahahaha SO many "coulda been worse" scenarios going on in my head! It's too much! =)

cute tote

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the tote; can't say the same for the slug....ugh.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home