Monday, August 08, 2005

For Me, For You, For All of Us

I'm starting this blog today, for me. And for you, and for all of us. I have things to share, and I have a way to do it, so I will!

I'm starting this day with a day from two weeks ago. I got on the scales, and weighed <*gulp*> lbs. Wow. Frightening. I was short of breath from walking from the parking lot to the grocery store, I was having GERD symptoms all day and night, my feet were shot, and I didn't have a whole bunch of parts that didn't hurt. Including my soul.

Yesterday was a lovely Sunday, with my family. I have been eating very small meals due to the GERD. At the suggestion of a friend, who thinks I might need a "job" for validation and a stronger sense of myself, I have decided to depart into a "part time job".

My part-time job is Personal Trainer to Self. I am devoting two hours, each week day, after dropping Alissa at school, to my personal health.

What did I do today, specifically? Well, first, I got up and weighed myself on this lovely Monday morning. I'm down 6 lbs., to <*gulp-6*> Next, I went up to my craft room and finished a couple of things that were hanging over my head.

Next, I got on the treadmill, and walked for 30 min, and logged 1.2 miles. Yeah, Me!

We are going to the Lonestar Concert tonight, and Alissa is very excited. I hope to have the stamina to

3 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger rincaro said...

Hi! Got here off of the knittyboard. I'd love to have a weight loss buddy. I'm a SAHM and both of my boys are now in school!

:)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

Kudos to you for your efforts and best of luck! Would love to see your FO!

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda
I did not realize you were doing all of these things for yourself. Congrats on giving this a shot!
I lost 40 lbs but am now stuck and plenty mad about it, but can't get the energy go proceed,at least not now.
Keep on keeping on and let us know your progress
Pat N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home