Socks by the Fireplace

Here is my sock-in-Progress...I discovered how easily a size US1 bamboo DPN would break when you lean on it on the bed. VERY. Sheesh. Anyway, I was glad to have a backup set, so I just ventured forward. Why the firewood?..well, today is Sunny So Cal's version of "winter", meaning it's 59degrees out, and damp and grey, and a perfect day to fire up the old gas fireplace, throw the wood on till it catches, turn off the gas and spend the afternoon sitting by the fire, knitting some yummy socks.

This is an attempt to take a photo that clearly shows the pattern of the lacy "after the cuff" portion of the sock. When stretched to the point of being able to fit on a fat girl's leg, the lacy pattern shows quite nicely. No, I will not be taking a picture of the fat girl's leg, thank you.
Off we go to BasketBallTryOuts at the college...that building sure seems bigger now, full of 10 year olds, that it did when I used to go to my highschool games there. Of course, those boys (now 45 year old men) seemed very much like "big boys" then. Now a 17 year old boy seems like a baby. Wonder if they've change, or if I have? (Don't answer that.)

I think we are going to go see "Dreamer" today. Ok, here's the drill: Kurt Russell, Kris Kristofferson, and horses in the same flick. Yum.
Here's a shot of the colt, Little Isaiah, that we just sent to the track for training last week. Our Little Boy is now with the Big Boys. I hope he does better with the Pros than the boys on our highschool teams did.



1 Comments:
I like the colors of the socks! I bet they are going to be very lovely
Post a Comment
<< Home