Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Well!..That's Just the Icing on the Cookie!



Yes, those are our Christmas cookies, carefully frosted by Sweetpea and my friend's little 3-1/2 year old niece. Colorful, eh?
Oh, and speaking of COLOR........






Um, what's that you ask? Why YES, I *am* knitting with two colors. Of yarn. Not together, but as in-di-vid-ual stitches!! I signed up for an afghan class at my LYS, and the block in my first class was this one....a two colored, twisted (no stranding on the back!) fair-isle kinda deal.







Oh, and don't worry your pretty head if you've no bobbins on hand to carry that secondary color: I'm sure you have a little girl (or big girl) who has a bunch of hair "clamps" around. Just wind your little ball-ette of yarn, and WHACK it securely with the clamp. Voila..no nasty unwiding, no tangling...just secondary-yarny perfection! (and yes, I know I'm temping all KINDS of fates by being so damn smug with this, but doggone it!..I didn't think I could DO this!!)



No, it's not necessary that the hair clampy-thingy be color coordinated with your project, but it's a nice touch, dontcha think?


And, on a weatherly note: As my friend
Lynda had predicted...we're havin' a HEAT wave. It'll probably be 80 degrees here on Christmas day. Oy.

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Kaity said...

Darn it mom! You had to jinx it! Way to go on the color work! I suck at color work, lol.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Oh my - I am impressed! But, I've never known you to tackle anything half-heartedly, so that you're gonna pass us all up with knitting perfection and fancy techniques should be no surprise!! VERY pretty. You da man! (girl? woman?... whatever)

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Oh shucks! That's very sweet of you to say. (I don't let anybody see my "oops" attempts! LOL)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home