Be Still, My Heart!
SWEATPEA KNITS!!!
Now, when your daughter asks you to teach her to knit, I know your heart is destined to melt just a little. So, last night, I melted a little. Sweetpea asked me to show her how to knit. In true knitter fashion, she did a little garter stitch experimentation. She knit, and knit, and knit. She ended up with more stitches than we cast on, with fewer, and rows that were just right. She took a fast bath (they ususally last as long as the water stays warm) because "Mom...I'm addicted!"Now, she's eleven, so I have no illusions about how long or how prolific she might be at this age, but hey!..it's a start! She even has her mother's sense of startitis...this morning at the breakfast table, as she's knitting and knitting, she asks: "Mom, can I start a "real" scarf now???"
Aww. Be still, my Heart!



1 Comments:
Go Sweatpea!, and very cute dog!`
Post a Comment
<< Home