Saturday, May 27, 2006

When You're a Knitter...





When you're a knitter, you notice the Wonderful Collared Shawl with the beautiful brass button that the character is wearing in the play. You ask your husband for a piece of paper from his wallet and a pencil. You sketch the Wonderful Collared Shawl. You bring it home, and keep the sketch for a few weeks. You hate the thought of throwing away the sketch, and at the same time wonder how a newbie such as yourself could ever duplicate the Wonderful Collared Shawl.

I'm not sure I would ever make the Wonderful Collared Shawl, or if I did make the Wonderful Collared Shawl, that I would wear it. But I really like having the sketch!

And, when you're a knitter, you knit socks, if you're like me. I love making socks. I am now working on this lovely 'chevron' patterned sock, in Knitpicks Dancing yarn. I found out that KP is discontinuing Dancing, and so I ordered two balls of the best colors. I stash. I really do.



Sorry the picture is so bright. I tried it a couple of ways, and this was the best of the various attempts.

We've been working hard at the school lately, getting the Memorial Garden set up and funded. It will be a lovely tribute to Mrs. Garrison. We sure miss her.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

look how cute you are with your sketch of the shawl collar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home